Applying big data analytic strategies to enhance customer management and operational capability
Knowledge is power and today’s utilities companies have immense power at their disposal as the amount of data being collected through the introduction of smart meters in combination with a variety of system sensors sends the amount of data skyrocketing.
With the data reaching exorbitant levels, utilities are now grappling with a critical, looming issue: how do you convert this data into meaningful business intelligence to deliver ROI, value and profit to your company?
The 3rd Annual Big Data & Analytics for Utilities Summit, will bring together experts from the utility sector to address how you can turn information from smart meters, structured and unstructured data into meaningful operational and consumer insights.
The forum will examine how utility companies can tackle critical business challenges using big data and analytics, from optimising network efficiency, reducing operational costs, predicting energy demands, asset maintenance, customer behaviour and engagement.
Join experts and leaders as they address the key topics including:
- Developing enterprise wide big data and analytics architecture to increase value to the business
- Unlocking customer behavioural analytics to maximise customer performance and develop superior energy usage and demand insight
- Understanding how smart grids, smart meters and the data tsunami will change the utility industry and what you can do to prepare
- Improving operational efficiency by turning data into actionable intelligence
- Increasing predictive analytics and develop real-time business intelligence through data analytics
- Leveraging data analytics to minimise risk and improve asset performance and capability
- Plus participate in interactive sessions including roundtables, workgroups, panel debates,demonstration test drives and speed networking